As an employer we have a responsibility under the rules of Health and Safety to treat our employees with care.
An Employee Assistance programme should include counselling and advice which is generally provided by a 24 hour helpline. In addition it is normal to offer face to face counselling to assist in cases of stress and to provide help using cognitive behavioural therapy.
The aim of a EAP is to Retain talent, improve productivity and increase employee well-being.
What are the Benefits of a Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)?
- It’s estimated that 9.8 million working days a year are lost through stress, anxiety and depression.
- It recognises the need to support the interests of the company and the employee.
- It helps maintain and improve workplace effectiveness and performance – personal and work-related problems can impair an individual’s ability to work effectively and efficiently.
- It gives reassurance and peace of mind to users.
- It reduces the amount of time-off work that employees might otherwise need to set up and attend appointments with specialist advisors.
There are many inexpensive ways of setting up these programmes and we will be pleased to create one for your companies own specific needs.