Group Critical Illness is a very simple employee benefit paying out if the employee becomes seriously ill whilst in employment with your organisation.
What is Group Critical Illness?
Group Critical Illness Cover pays a tax-free lump sum directly to your employee should they suffer any of a list of defined medical conditions or surgical procedures, classified as critical illnesses (e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke), and survive for 14 days. This can then be used by the employee to help them access treatment, often enabling them to return to work sooner.
Group Critical illness can be included as your Group Life Insurance plan, this means a lump sum will go to your employee or their family if they are to fall seriously ill or die.
Group Critical illness helps you reassure your employees that you care about them, and it can be a useful tool in recruitment and retention.
What are the benefits?
- Benefit level to suit any budget usually up to a maximum of 5 x the employees’ salary or £500,000 (whichever is lower). You can often choose whether or not you would like to include your employees’ spouse, partner or children under the policy.
- Reassurance of a lump sum payment if a serious illness is diagnosed (subject to Terms & Conditions of policy)
- Cover for most commonly suffered Critical Illnesses (Cancer, Stroke, Heart Attack)
- Provides financial support during rehabilitation.
- An affordable employee benefit. Cover can be put in place simply and quickly. The provision of Group Critical Illness is a great starting point for smaller employers to provide employee protection or for larger companies adding to existing employee benefits.
- Minimises’ the pressure on you, as the employer, around how to provide financial support for employees absent from work after suffering critical illness
- Product flexibility is as standard; cover can be tailored to suit you.
- Premiums paid by the employer are a trading expense and can be offset against corporation Tax. You will be liable Class 1A National Insurance Contributions on the premiums.
- Group Critical Illness are treated as P11D Benefit in kind.
SMQ Services Ltd is an appointed Representative of Health and Protection Solutions Ltd. Health and Protection Solutions trading as The Health Insurance Group is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.